Sunday, July 1, 2007

DAY 1

Sunday July 1, 2007 East Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY

I'm HERE!!!! I landed at JFK about 11 am EST.and took the subway to my apartment, getting there about 12:30. I spent most of the afternoon unpacking my boxes and settling. My roommates and I made a trip to Target in Flatbush to get some things we needed... and that was interesting. The Target was two stories with an escalator and a special escalator for the buggies. Veronica's dad drove his truck and traffic was dreadful. I'm glad i don't have to drive here. Last night I went inot manhattan to try to find a Whole Foods down on Houston St. I was unsuccessful... but i went to the Atlantic and met Stephanie and her Mom. I went back to Astoria with them to get my stuff that i stored at her house last time I was up here. THen I headed back to my apartment in Brooklyn, made up my pallet on the floor, and went to sleep. Slept late today and about to go into manhattan again and go shopping for some things i need. But things are great here and will get even better as i accrue more furniture.

Jared

No comments: