Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday July 18, 2007, Brooklyn, NY

So, you may have heard that there was an explosion in NYC today. I am happy to report that I was nowhere near Grand Central Station at the time that the steam pipe exploded. I was safely attending a play in Tribecca.

As for the Job search... I have narrowed down to the top six headshots and by the end of tomorrow hope to narrow down to the top two so I can get them printed. I have my envelopes and mailing labels all ready to go for the mass mailing to Casting directors for stage, film, and television in New York City. I am working on building my connections. I went out to dinner with the friend of a friend who works as the Backstage Doorman for the Walter Kerr Theatre that currently houses the show Grey Gardens. I am going to go see the show on friday, then will recieve a backstage tour and the chance to meet with Christine Ebersol who won the Tony for Best Actress in a Musical. THis guy is also good friends with Cherry Jones who won the Tony for Best Actress in a Play for Doubt. I will get the chance to meet her the next time she is in the City. So I'm working on hobknobing with the elite of Broadway. THat's sure to come in handy. He's also mentioned possibly being able to get me a job working as an usher on broadway. It's nice to finally start to find some friends up here.

Tonight Veronica, Johnny and I went to see a portion of Susan Lori Parks' 365 Plays/365 Days. It was held at the Synagogue for the Arts in Tribeca and one of our former classmates from SAM, Cadian Dumas, was playing in it. We also met Michelle Vanegas (another SAM grad) there. It was a fun evening.

Anyway, I'm here. I'm still settling and networking. I feel like things are moving really slow, but talking with people who have been in my shoes before-- I'm actually a little ahead of the game. So, that's encouraging. It's clear I know what I am doing. I just want to do it a little faster. But, yeah, Life is good.

Jared

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad things are looking up...miss you.
Megan