Saturday, July 28, 2007

This week in review.....

Saturday July 29, 2007 Brooklyn, NY

This has been a very exciting week for me. I have narrowed the headshot selection down to the top two and the photographer is currently doing her touchup work on them and should get the completed high quality files to me soon so i can get my headshots, postcards, and business cards printed.

Wednesday, I went to see Grey Gardens. It was amazing. I liked the second act better than the first becasue i like the music style better. But Christine Ebersol was phenomenal!!! I got her autograph following the show.

Friday, I had lunch with David Bell, a playwright who grew up in Houston and actually went to Sam Houston for a year before transfering to UofH. We had a delightful lunch and discussed the joys and trials of moving to NYC, and, different aspects of the business. When I got home after lunch I had an email from him telling me that his best friend is a talent agent and that I should mention that i was his friend and I could get an "in" with an agent. Friday night, I went to see a show called "Guilty" at the Acorn theatre. It was absolutely dreadful. But after the show i met up with some friends at the Walter Kerr (home of Grey Gardens till tomorrow afternoon). I've made friends with some of the Marketing people there. So i was hanging out with them and pretending to be part of the marketing team and selling Grey Gardens stuff. While standing out side the theatre I met Martin Sheen and almost met Cheetah Rivera. After the stage door had cleared I went over and joined a group conversation with Christine. She is SOOOOOO AMAZING!! Also in that group conversation was William Sledd (who is rapidly becoming a fashion spokesperson for BRAVO). When Christine had to leave, the group convo moved down to Broadway to Tasti-Delight for some ice cream. After Ice cream, William, John, and I went out to a diner for a while and talked. It was a great evening.

In other news, be on the look out for the launch of my new website: www.jaredrpike.com. I now own the domain and am building the website. I will post a notice here when I offically launch. THis blog will still be your source for all my actvities here in NY but the new website will be my professional PR and Marketing website.

I just recieved an invitation to the closing night party for Grey Gardens tomorrow night. YAY!!!

Jared

No comments: